The University of Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships, This scholarship was awarded by the University of Nottingham in the UK. It is targeted at intending students from all African countries, India, and several commonwealth nations who are looking to pursue a full-time master’s program at the university and impact development in their home countries.
As of the 2021/2022 session, the scholarship is awarded to 105 beneficiaries per year. The beneficiaries can spend the scholarship on any course within the University of Nottingham faculties of medicine and health science, engineering, science, and social science.
The scholarship covers either 50% or 100% of the tuition fee. It is not paid directly to the beneficiaries. Instead, it is deducted from the fee payable to the University of Nottingham.
Who Is Eligible to Apply for the University of Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- You must have an offer to study for a master’s program at the University of Nottingham. This can be in any of the faculties mentioned earlier.
- It would help if you were officially classified as an international student for fees purposes by the University of Nottingham.
- You must be an ordinary resident in Africa, India, or one of the selected Commonwealth countries. The selected Commonwealth countries are:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Pitcairn Islands
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos Islands
Exceptions To the Eligibility Rule
The eligibility rule has been outlined above. However, below are exceptions to the rule:
- You may not apply if you are a current or past student of the University of Nottingham.
- You may not apply if you have studied outside your home country before.
- You may not also apply if you are currently studying in the United Kingdom.
How to Apply for The University of Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships
Before you can apply for the scholarship, you should first have applied for a master’s program at any of the designated faculties at the University of Nottingham. Once you have been offered admission, you can then use your offer to apply for the scholarship on the scholarship section of the university application page dubbed MyNottingham.
For the deadlines, other particulars, and current details, whenever you happen to be applying for the scholarship, check the official page here.