The Holland Scholarships are awarded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science. It is targeted at international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) looking to pursue their bachelor’s or master’s study programs at one of the qualifying research universities or universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands.
The scholarship value is 5000 euros. The amount is only awarded once and for a year. No candidate is allowed to receive it more than once. It’s also not expected to cover full tuition.
The Holland Scholarships: Here Are The Participating Institutions
The participating research universities are:
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Leiden University
- Maastricht University
- Protestant Theological University
- Radboud University
- Theological University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Tilburg University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- University of Twente
- VU Amsterdam
- Wageningen University
The participating universities of applied sciences are:
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Driestar educated
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for The Holland Scholarships?
To be eligible to receive the Holland Scholarships, an applicant must:
- Be a national of a non-EEA state.
- Be applying for a fulltime bachelor’s or master’s study program at one of the participating higher education institutions.
- Meet the requirements of the Dutch institution of higher education that they are applying to (see a list above).
- You have Never studied in the Netherland before.
Specific Instructions to the Holland Scholarships Applicants
- The applicants for the academic year beginning in 2022-2023 will be able to apply for the scholarship from 1 November 2021.
- Every application must be submitted through a participating institution of an applicant’s choice.
- Depending on the applicant’s situation, the deadline for applications is either 1 February 2022 or 1 May 2022. So, every applicant is expected to check the institution’s website that they are applying through to confirm the correct deadline.
The general details of the Holland Scholarships have been presented above. So, if you are interested in the program, you can do well to take advantage of the information. In addition, however, you can check the official program website here for possible updates that may not have been available or obtainable at the time of writing this.